Did you know caring for your toothbrush is a simple step in your oral hygiene routine which can help keep your smile in beautiful and healthy shape? Learning to care for your toothbrush is equally important to caring for your smile. Having clean oral health tools like your toothbrush can help you fight bacteria and cavities from invading your smile. That is why our office has provided you with these simple toothbrush tips. These tips include:
– Always keep your toothbrush clean and stored in an upright position.
– Do not use or share toothbrushes from someone else.
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and shape, so it can fit into your mouth easily and reach all areas for cleaning efficiently.
– Look for toothbrushes that are ADA-approved with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Always be sure to keep your toothbrush in a fresh air environment and avoid keeping it in closed containers.
– Always use a toothbrush with soft bristles. Toothbrushes with hard bristles can damage your gums.
– Try to replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months or earlier if necessary. Children’s toothbrushes need to be replaced more often.
– Don’t let toothbrushes touch or come into contact with one another, as this can cause cross-contamination.
A clean toothbrush is imperative for a clean mouth. If you have any questions or concerns or need to book an exam or professional cleaning, contact your dentist at Dean Doles Family Dentistry. If you would like to schedule a visit with Dr. Dean Doles, please call us at 972-727-7269, or visit our office in Allen, Texas. We look forward to making your smile even better this holiday season!